Apogee Enterprises’ Statement Concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the events surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to develop, Apogee’s top priority is safeguarding the health and safety of our employees, while we continue to serve our customers and ensure the long-term health of our business. We have implemented a number of policies across Apogee and our business units to best support our people and customers during this challenging time.
In March 2020, Apogee established a COVID-19 Response Team (CRT) with the mission to: manage information and recommendations from public health agencies; develop guidance for effective implementation at the company’s facilities; assess risks and implement policies to safeguard employees and the business; develop incident response preparedness; create a communications strategy to educate leaders and employees; and engage leaders in change management execution.
Following formal risk assessments which included leadership and employees, Apogee implemented several COVID-19 prevention protocols, including:
- Promotion of frequent handwashing
- Mask wearing requirements
- Social distancing requirements
- Heightened cleaning and sanitization standards
- Health screening questionnaires and mandatory temperature scanning for all personnel entering facility
- Remote work expectations, accommodations, and procedures
- Incident response process for managing symptomatic employees, positive cases, and close contacts
In the event one of our employees tests positive, or believes he or she has been exposed to COVID-19, we have developed an incident response plan, which includes:
- Mandatory quarantines until the individual is cleared to return to work
- Quarantines for other employees that have come in close contact with infected individuals
- Contact tracing to support quarantine decisions
- Active communication with employees
- Deep cleaning those areas in which a person reported symptoms
- Paid leave for employees who are diagnosed with the virus or are required to quarantine
We continue to closely monitor recommendations from public health agencies and routinely update our guidance to comply. Likewise, we are following vaccine developments at a national level and in each of the states where we operate. We are actively pursuing vaccination opportunities for our employees, meanwhile disseminating educational and promotional information regarding the vaccine. As state mandates continue to change and/or lift, we are following OSHA guidance to maintain the protocols we have adopted.
Across Apogee’s business units, our sales, customer service, estimating, project management, and engineering teams remain available to support our customers. We are also closely tracking our supply chain and taking steps to ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials. Please stay in touch with your normal points of contact in our business units for specific details on current operations.
As always, we are grateful for the support from our employees, customers, suppliers, and other business partners. Together we will continue to navigate this unprecedented situation.